Lady Lions secure winning season

Four varsity girls make All-League

Trinity Wicklund and RJ Moore

This playing season the Lady Lions Varsity volleyball team won against Vacaville Christian on Tuesday Sept. 25th and Highlands High School on Tuesday Oct. 16th securing themselves a spot in playoffs and an overall winning season with a title of undefeated league champions.

The varsity team took a win against the Vacaville Christian Falcons on Tuesday Sept. 25th, with a score of 3-2, securing the title of undefeated that lasted throughout the season. The West Gym bleachers were packed as friends, family, and local Lindenites came out Tuesday afternoon to support the girl’s JV and Varsity teams.

Varsity coach Gianna Goins rooted her team on from the sidelines until their eventual win, strategizing as the girls played in the game. “We’re all really excited. It’s been a long time for us to kind of come together as a team,” says Goins, of her team’s performance. “We’ve encountered some problems in between games, so this was the first time I’ve seen them be together as a team. So that was good to see.”

JV girls celebrate their win at the end of the game.

JV celebrates after gaining yet another point for their team.

The JV team was on a track to win throughout their whole game.  They worked together and pulled out a win, taking three of the four games overall.  They had the varsity team cheering them on from the sidelines along with many other high school students in the stands.

Senior Kaley Dosier covers Junior Katie Frink as she goes up for a tip to the left.

Junior Madison Hall waits for a serve from the other team.

During the varsity game fans were on the edge of their seats; the varsity volleyball team conquered the first two games of the match, but took heavy losses during the third and the fourth. Then they took the match into a fifth game and came out with a win in the end with a final score of 3-2 .

“It was great to come out with a win. We did so well during those first two [quarters of the game] so to lose three and four, and win the fifth is a hard things to do” said Goins.

The team went on to win their next couple games and all they had left to do was to defeat the Highlands team to make it to playoffs. On Tuesday Oct. 16, the JV and Varsity teams faced off against highlands and won by a landslide. The games were a quick and easy win and the highlands teams were no match for our girls.

The 16th was also their last home game which is always known as Senior Night.  Before the varsity game started, all of the seniors were escorted by their parents as they were introduced to the crowd.   This year we had five seniors: Kaley Dosier, Emma Brandstad, Olivia Gideon, Paige Hartung, and Sadie Cooper.

Senior Kaley Dosier goes up for the kill.

Senior Emma Brandstad says, “I’m so pumped for this game–this season has been amazing, and I’m really sad it almost over because this was my first season playing volleyball and I loved it.  I’m going to miss this team so much.”

Linden High School is very proud of their Lady Lions and the great job they did throughout the season. 

We also had four girls from the varsity team make All-League.  Congratulations to Ana Lucostic, Kaylee Dosier, Katie Frink and Gabby Herrera.

Congratulations to both teams you did amazing this year. We will miss our seniors, but can’t wait until next season starts.